Project: “Modeling of glycosaminoglycan-induced formation of protein structure and enhancement of biologically relevant protein-ligand interactions”.
The goal: is to determine the role of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) in the mediation of biologically relevant protein-ligand interactions by means of molecular modeling approaches, some of which will be developed in this study for the GAG containing systems. The result of this research will serve to guide the design of new methods for tissue regeneration and healing.
The Location: Faculty of Chemistry, University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk, Poland
– Master in Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Computer Sciences or related areas
– Experience with modeling techniques, Linux environment and scripting is advantageous
– Interest in the interdisciplinary aspect of the project
– Motivation, creativity, liability, ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
– Good command of English
– Molecular docking and molecular dynamics-based analysis of GAG interactions with proteins, peptides, small molecules and ions
– Contribution to the development of GAG-related computational methodology
– Participation in writing publications and presentation of the results at scientific meetings
Financial source: SONATA BIS Grant from the The National Science Centre of Poland
Salary: PhD fellowship for 13 months, 4307,70 PLN per month
Application deadline: 19.05.2022
Starting date: 01.06.2022
Collaborations: Universities of Leipzig, Tours, Lyon, Gdańsk, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, and Technical University of Munich.
How to apply: CV, contact data of two referees and data sharing agreement (klauzula informacyjna) should be provided to dr hab. Sergey Samsonov via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic “PhD student, Sonata BIS”.